The HERO Show Episode 69 - Supporting Artists via Technology to Secure Careers & Propel Businesses
Welcome to another episode of The HERO Show.
I am your host Richard Matthews, (@AKATheAlchemist) and you are listening to episode #069 with Gabriel Ripley – Supporting Artists in Using Technology to Secure Careers & Propel Their Business.
Gabriel Ripley is a computer geek, progressive businessperson, event producer, business planner, & freelancer amplifying artists, studios, and companies that are leaving a positive impact
Gabe has been helping artists use technology to propel and secure their careers and business since the mid-nineties. After finding great success in promoting tattoo artists, Gabe's first tattoo studio opened its doors in 2005, and grew to a multimillion dollar international tattoo company, before closing in 2018.
In 2007, Gabe started producing professional development events in unique locations, and now produces or co-produces a 4 day tattoo gathering, an art retreat, a 2 day conference, and numerous single day events. Event locations include resorts in Massachusetts, Colorado, New Mexico, Venice Italy, and Dublin Ireland among others. Gabe Ripley has presented at the Worldwide Tattoo Conference and taught a seminar “Building a GREAT tattoo business” at countless tattoo conventions and online.
Here’s just a taste of what we talked about today:
• Gabe, having the experience of both building up and then losing a great business, is in a unique position to do stress tests and help people. His goal is to be able to produce a healthy business. In the tattoo world or any kind of business world, it's tough just to get a culture of healthy people who want to communicate and be best-in-class. That's part of his skillset and part of how he helps people.
• Gabe talks about the challenges in marketing the tattoo industry and its artists in the face of negativity from a subset of our generation.
•Tattooing is an exceptionally intense art. One gets tattooed because there is something on the inside that they want to express on their skin.
• Gabe tries to answer the toughest question in this interview: What is his favorite tattoo?
• Gabe talks about his origins in the computer programming industry.
• One powerful mindset/tool that is essential to Gabe is constantly thinking about things in long distances both in time and space. To be in that sense of longevity and thinking about things on that scale. Then, trying to fit all the puzzle pieces backwards.
• "When you're bringing people in, you have to vet 'em and you're betting your millions of dollars on them. You actually have two million dollars and you're putting that in their hands and asking them to hold that responsibility for you."
• Gabe learned from his mentor that every entrepreneur must have a solid Business Emergency Plan.
• GSuite – https://gsuite.google.com/
• Microsoft Suite – https://products.office.com/en-us/pro...
• Trello – https://trello.com/en
How To Stay Connected With Gabriel Ripley?
Want to stay connected with Gabe? Please check out his social profiles below.
And with that… let’s get to listening to the episode…